Notice to Residents Regarding Covid-19 Spread Prevention
November 25th, 2020
To: Place Beausejour Residents
This notice is an update to the one sent on November 9th, 2020.
We notify you today that considering Alberta’s new COVID 19 Spread Prevention Measures announced yesterday by Premiere Kenny, we in turn must adjust our recommendations.
As such, Your Board of Directors is changing the visitation protocol effective immediately. Visits from outsiders into Place Beausejour must now stop, except as follows. Effective immediately we recommend restricting access to just two social contacts as designated by you, the resident. And that these be curtailed to the absolute minimum possible until further notice. Essential visitors providing residents with healthcare or other essential service are still permitted. Regarding cleaning services, this can continue but kept to a minimum, with focus on suite cleanliness in relation to health and wellness sustainability. (E.g. bathrooms, sanitization etc). Hair Salon services can continue but must be done on an appointment only basis, ensuring no congregation outside of the Salon door in the hallway.
We continue to work closely with our Covenant Care partners to ensure their staff do not exit through our building and in the time being, refrain from using our garbage disposal room and maintenance supply storeroom. Tom and I are in constant contact with their local and corporate staff on these matters.
While we are all experiencing COVID 19 fatigue, the virus is not, and will be around until there is a vaccine. Which based on news today, the Pfizer Vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis recently conducted by Pfizer. Finally, some good news!! However, the Board is adamant that you continue to be vigilant in doing your part in preventing the spread of this very CONTAGIOUS virus. Since the vaccine will not be available until sometime in the new year, if it continues to prove effective. And the vaccine cannot help you if you get the virus in the meantime. So, we ask that you continue to rigorously follow our recommendations which are listed again below for quick reference:
- Not entering or visiting within the building if you think you have been exposed to the Covid 19 virus or if you are exhibiting any symptoms of having the virus (Fever, new cough, new sore throat, runny nose etc)
- Adhering to Alberta Governments spread prevention measures: Personal Etiquette; Social Distancing (min. 6 Feet); washing or sanitizing hands frequently and wearing masks which is now a must when visiting in common areas where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. (Read the posted Signs)
- Wipe down high touch points in your suite and in common areas you use after your visit with approved disinfectants that are certain to kill the virus
- Visitors to the building must register their date, time in/out, name and phone number and room they are visiting. This is required for contact tracing to assist with guideline adherence for rapid response capability
- Visitation duration is minimized since being inside has higher risk of exposure due to higher probability of sharing breathed air which increases with time shared within the same enclosed room
Thank you in advance for doing your part in striving to prevent the entry of the Covid-19 virus into our beloved Place Beausejour.