Notice to Residents Regarding Covid-19 Spread Prevention
October 28th, 2020
To: Place Beausejour Residents
This notice is an update to the one sent on July 25th, 2020.
We notify you today of the fact that there is now five (5) confirmed cases of COVID 19 infection within Chateau Vitaline (Covenant Care).
Chateau Vitaline is now following Public Health directives for containment of the virus within their facility. This includes notification to families of Chateau Vitaline residents, which includes some of our residents. These PB residents are now following Healthlink advice which includes self isolation in some cases.
Your Board of Directors met tonight to discuss whether we need to change our COVID 19 Spread Prevention recommendations in lieu of the situation next door in Chateau Vitaline. At this time the Board feels there is no need to do so, however, out of an abundance of caution, we recommend that you reduce the frequency of your visitations within and outside the building to a minimum.
While we are all experiencing COVID 19 fatigue, the virus is not, and will be around until there is a vaccine. Therefore, the Board is adamant that you be vigilant in doing your part in preventing the spread of this very CONTAGIOUS virus. To do so, we ask that you rigorously follow our recommendations which are listed again below for quick reference:
- Not entering or visiting within the building if you think you have been exposed to the Covid 19 virus or if you are exhibiting any symptoms of having the virus (Fever, new cough, new sore throat, runny nose etc)
- Adhering to Alberta Governments spread prevention measures: Personal Etiquette; Social Distancing (min. 6 Feet); washing or sanitizing hands frequently and wearing masks which is now a must when visiting in common areas where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. (Read the posted Signs)
- Wipe down high touch points in your suite and in common areas you use after your visit with approved disinfectants that are certain to kill the virus
- Visitors to the building must register their date, time in/out, name and phone number and room they are visiting. This is required for contact tracing to assist with guideline adherence for rapid response capability
- Visitation duration is minimized since being inside has higher risk of exposure due to higher probability of sharing breathed air which increases with time shared within the same enclosed room
The Board will continue to monitor this unprecedented situation as it pertains to Place Beausejour. If deemed necessary, more UPDATES to this and the previous recommendations will be communicated to you.
Thank you in advance for doing your part in striving to prevent the entry of the Covid-19 virus into our beloved Place Beausejour.
The Board will be calling residents to ensure that everyone understands the current situation and answer any questions you may have. As we realize that this news may create some anxiety and questions you may not otherwise have had.