Notice to Residents Regarding Covid-19 Spread Prevention
November 9th, 2020
To: Place Beausejour Residents
This notice is an update to the one sent on October 28th, 2020.
We notify you today of the fact that there is now seventeen (17) confirmed cases of COVID 19 infection within Chateau Vitaline (Covenant Care). As well we sadly report there are now three (3) lost souls due to this virus. In addition, Alberta is currently experiencing the highest daily case rate since its peak back in the spring, with 1900 cases reported this past weekend.
As such, Your Board of Directors is changing the visitation protocol effective immediately. While visits of outsiders into Place Beausejour can continue, these visits will be constrained and reduced. Effective immediately we recommend restricting access to just two family members/friends as designated by the you, the resident. And that these be curtailed to the absolute minimum possible until further notice.
We are also working closely with our Covenant Care partners to ensure their staff do not exit through our building and in the time being, refrain from using our garbage disposal room and maintenance supply storeroom. Tom and I are in constant contact with their local and corporate staff on these matters.
While we are all experiencing COVID 19 fatigue, the virus is not, and will be around until there is a vaccine. Which based on news today, the Pfizer Vaccine candidate was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing COVID-19 in participants without evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection in the first interim efficacy analysis recently conducted by Pfizer. Finally, some good news!! However, the Board is adamant that you continue to be vigilant in doing your part in preventing the spread of this very CONTAGIOUS virus. Since the vaccine will not be available until sometime in the new year, if it continues to prove effective. And the vaccine cannot help you if you get the virus in the meantime. So, we ask that you continue to rigorously follow our recommendations which are listed again below for quick reference:
- Not entering or visiting within the building if you think you have been exposed to the Covid 19 virus or if you are exhibiting any symptoms of having the virus (Fever, new cough, new sore throat, runny nose etc)
- Adhering to Alberta Governments spread prevention measures: Personal Etiquette; Social Distancing (min. 6 Feet); washing or sanitizing hands frequently and wearing masks which is now a must when visiting in common areas where social distancing cannot be guaranteed. (Read the posted Signs)
- Wipe down high touch points in your suite and in common areas you use after your visit with approved disinfectants that are certain to kill the virus
- Visitors to the building must register their date, time in/out, name and phone number and room they are visiting. This is required for contact tracing to assist with guideline adherence for rapid response capability
- Visitation duration is minimized since being inside has higher risk of exposure due to higher probability of sharing breathed air which increases with time shared within the same enclosed room
The Board will continue to monitor this unprecedented situation as it pertains to Place Beausejour. If deemed necessary, more UPDATES to this and the previous recommendations will be communicated to you.
Thank you in advance for doing your part in striving to prevent the entry of the Covid-19 virus into our beloved Place Beausejour.